The keto diet has many benefits, from weight loss and improved physical health to mental clarity and enhanced physical performance. In the following article, we’ll detail some of the health benefits of the ketogenic diet other than weight loss you may already know. These benefits can help with the specific health goal that you wish to achieve.
#1 Healthy Benefits of the Ketogenic Diet
The ketogenic diet originated as a tool for treating neurological diseases, such as epilepsy.
Studies have shown that the diet can have benefits for a wide variety of different health conditions:
- Heart disease: The ketogenic diet can improve risk factors such as body fat, HDL levels, blood pressure, and blood sugar.
- Cancer: The diet is currently being used to treat various types of cancer and slow tumor growth.
- Alzheimer’s disease: Diet can reduce the symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease and slow the disease’s progression.
- Epilepsy: Research has shown that the ketogenic diet can cause a massive reduction in seizures in epileptic children.
- Parkinson’s disease: One study found that diet helped improve symptoms of Parkinson’s disease.
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome: The ketogenic diet can help lower insulin levels, which may play a key role in PCOS.
- Brain Injuries: An animal study has found that diet can reduce concussions and aid recovery after brain injury.
- Acne: Lower insulin levels and eating less sugar or processed foods can help improve acne.
However, keep in mind that research in many of these areas is far from conclusive.
#2 Easy Keto Lifestyle Switch
In the beginning, it is important to eat to your fullness and to avoid excess calorie restriction. To calculate your macro, you can head over to our ‘Keto Calculator.‘ Generally, a ketogenic diet causes weight loss without intentional calorie restriction.
After you count your macronutrient, the next important step is to know what you can eat and cannot eat – this just means that you have to switch certain food that you consume. We have covered EVERYTHING about this, including several rapid fat loss keto diet recipes in our ‘Top Ketogenic Food & Recipes for Fat Loss’ ebook. It’s totally free and you can download it here.
#3 Easy Switch When Eating Out
Even if you are eating out, it is not very difficult to switch, as most restaurant meals are friendly. Here are the things you can do when you are eating out with your friends or family:
- As most restaurants offer some meat or fish-based dish, just order such dishes, and replace any carbohydrate-rich foods with additional vegetables.
- Egg-based meals are also a great option, such as an omelet or eggs and bacon.
- Another favorite is burgers without bread. You could also ditch the bun and swap the fries for veggies. Add the extra avocado, cheese, bacon, or eggs.
- In Mexican restaurants, you can enjoy any type of meat with extra cheese, guacamole, salsa, and sour cream.
- For dessert, order a mixed cheese board or double cream with berries.
All these easy switches makes Ketogenic Diet an easy diet to follow, which is why it is not surprising that Ketogenic Diet works very well for most people.
To conclude, ketogenic diet have a lot of health benefits, and require minimal lifestyle changes. If you want to start a Keto diet but have zero knowledge, you can read more about the Keto Diet for Beginners.